Yep. It's Esteban.

Yep.   It's Esteban.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's my first blog...

I'm not too sure on this whole blogging thing. I have read a few other peoples blogs but never created one like this before for myself. I'm not even really sure what I should be posting on here. Um... Life is good at the Peterson home. Danielle just turned 7 on the 2nd of November. We didn't get to spend her birthday with her (never do :( but it sounds like she had a good one. Greyson is 2 years old- turned the big 2 on September 25th. He's 110% boy and a little booger all the time. We can be thankful both kids are healthy.

A high school classmate of mine recently found out her son has neuroblastoma. The little guys is currently going through chemotherapy and trying to get better. Another high school classmate recently lost her 2 month old son. I went to the funeral to be support for her. It was a nice service, very emotional. I've been getting back in touch with some of those old classmates and I'm not sure about it yet. I have a different feeling about it that I can't explain. High school wasn't that great for me and I do have to say I had probably two or three good friends. Other than that, it was sort of a blur. Anyway- back to those guys- The little boy with cancer- breaks my heart. The things he's been through and will go through. It's not fair for any child to have to do that. Through his caringbridge website I have been keeping track of a few other families too. One little girl just passed away this morning after a year and a half of suffering and trying to live. Reading that makes a person put things into prospective. In some ways it makes me feel guilty for having my own kids, healthy and alive and taking that for granted some times. No matter HOW bad I've got it I will always try to remember that somewhere someone has it worse than I do. Be thankful you have your children to hold and live and punish if need be. Some people don't.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are funny, a blog is liberating you can talk shit, share political views and people can choose to either read or click to somewhere else. Read some of the people on my blog roll and write about whatever your heart fancies!! It is fun....welcome:)